- Matakana SuperFoods Acai Bowl Premix is a delicious, nutritious and easy to use base for creating your very own traditional Brazilian Breakfast where you are.
The Acai berry is an Amazonian superfood packed full of powerful antioxidants as well as many other key nutrients to help support general health and wellbeing. An Acai bowl can be enjoyed as an energy boosting breakfast or snack option through the day.
- How to make Acai Bowl Premix:
In a blender combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Acai Bowl Premix with 1/2 cup of your favourite plant-based milk and 1 small frozen banana or frozen berries. Blend until thick and creamy.
How to build an Acai Bowl: (Serves 1)
1. Pour blended Acai Bowl Premix into a chilled serving bowl.
2. Layer with granola or muesli.
3. Top with desired toppings such as fresh fruit, coconut chips or cacao nibs.
4. Drizzle with coconut nectar, agave syrup or yacon syrup (optional).
- Prebiotic coconut fibre*, Lucuma Powder*, Freeze dried acai berry powder*, Freeze dried maqui berry powder*, Prebiotic yacon root powder*, Banana podwer*
*Certified Organic Ingredient
- "A quick and easy breakfast option, especially in summer! Acai bowls are super high in antioxidants, and this easy to use pre mix means all you have to do is blend with a frozen banana, some plant-milk of your choosing, and a handful of extra berries if you like. The perfect summery breakfast that you keep you fuelled for the day ahead!"
- Buffy Ellen, founder of begoodorganics.com (Auckland, New Zealand)
"“When I’m in need of a quick and healthy snack at home this is my go to. In the blender with a frozen banana and some milk, it tastes amazing, and I know I’m feeding my body with a whole lots of nutrients."
- Tony Robert (Auckland, New Zealand)
Cacao Coconut Superfood Balls
Summer Strawberry Cheesecake
Matakana SuperFoods is a New Zealand-based leader in the research and marketing of new and novel foods with unique qualities and super nutrients to support health and well-being. Their goal is to bring to the market the latest high-quality, super-nutrient functional foods, snack foods and cosmetics.
While extracts of various foods have been used in supplements for many years, a new movement away from supplements and towards whole Superfoods has arisen, and promises to offer greater benefits to health through the premise that the synergistic interaction of the nutrients gained from natural wholefoods has more to offer than one or two components being extracted and put into a tablet. Often the balance, ratio and type of nutrients found in wholefoods leads to superior assimilation and absorption by the body. There is a renewed belief that eating wholefoods (and particularly wholefoods with super-nutrient qualities) is of greater benefit than simple supplementation with individual extracts.