- Spelt is the ancient grain at the helm of the grain family which has been a prime source of nutrition for humanity over the centuries. The most ancient tales of spelt harvesting go back to 7000 BC and confirm its presence during man’s very first agricultural experiences.
We have restored the value of this grain in recent years, and has since cultivated it employing organic agricultural methods. Hybrids and selections that have modified other grains and cereals have not affected spelt, which comes to our dinner table untouched by the passing of time. Using stone-ground wheat flours to make whole-wheat spelt pasta permits the retention of all the nutritional benefits of this staple. Our spelt pasta is rich in vitamins A, B, C and E. It is also rich in minerals like iron and calcium, and vegetable fibres such as cellulose, hemi cellulose and lignin.
- Use as you would with regular pasta.
- Wholemeal Italian Spelt Flour Stone Milled*
*Certified Organic Ingredient
- "If you never ate organic whole grain pasta, you are missing something special. Not only tasty, but very good for your health too. Enjoy!"
- Nancy Barile (Queensland, Australia)
"A great versatile pasta and plenty of balanced protein/fiber/carb. I can even use it as a 'lo mein' in some asian cooking."
- Sarah Gribble (Christchurch, New Zealand)
Super Green Spaghetti
Creamy Leek and Asparagus Pasta
Dairy Free Parmesan
Basil & Kale Pesto
Italian Meatballs with Creamy Cauliflower Mash
The La Terra E Il Cielo organic farming cooperative was established in 1980, thanks to the brave and pioneering spirit of its founder members, at a time when conventional farming reigned supreme and organic farming represented a virtually unknown niche. The aim of the founders was to take a new, more sustainable approach to cultivation, in a region, the Marche, where farming is of primary importance, simultaneously rediscovering a more balanced relationship with nature, the environment and, last but not least, with themselves.
Initially, being inspired by movements active in other European countries, the Cooperative used organic but also biodynamic methods. We can quite safely say that it was one of the first and is one of the longest lasting organic experiences in Italy. In thirty years, the Cooperative has developed into a solid Italian organic reality, without ever losing touch with the values of solidarity, fairness and respect for nature, the values that led to its birth.